Thoughts and recommendations

Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 16,371Gear list
Like?
There are no teleconverters.....
In reply to David Gore, Mar 3, 2013

David Gore wrote:

Due to bad arthritis in my hand I was forced to sell off all my Nikon cameras and lenses.I was very impressed with my research on the Em5 so initially bought the body with the 12-35 lens and the 20mm 1.7 pancake.My wife has the 100-300 panasonic so I have the long tele covered.

I loved the camera and above lenses so much I used more of my Nikon proceeds to buy the 60mm 2.8 macro and the 75 mm 1.7 lens.Being on a roll I bought the Panasonic 7-14 lens then the 50-200 Oly lens with the micr 4/3rds adapter..and finally,with proceeds from Nikon sale almost exhausted I decided it would be nice to have a small backup so I bordered the epl5 tonight.I figured that would be really sweet with the 20mm 1.7 papancake I also purchased the battery/grip holder for the em5 and really really like it.It gives the em5 an entirely different feeling.

Being new to Olympus 4/3rds I found there was a bit of a learning curve so I bought the book by David Busch and now I have all my controls pretty much in order.

Being new to 4/3 rds I would sure appreciate any feedback or recommendations...My wife has the r36 flash which works great .I was wondering if a tc adapter to increase the focal length like a 1.4 or 1.7 might be available?Any other suggestions while I still have a bit of the proceeds remaining would be appreciated.

for u 4/3.

The existing long telephoto zooms are already dog slow as it is.

There are no long focal lenght primes........

except for a 300mm reflex lens!

in closing,a few years ago I had a pen2 camera..I liked it but Im amazed just how far the 4/3ds system has advanced..Im getting some great pics and the art filters are a lot of fun.

Best to you all..Dave

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow