Is the SX50 only good for photographing birds in trees?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,666Gear list
Like?
Re: I went out and bought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In reply to lkk324, Mar 3, 2013

lkk324 wrote:

MarioV wrote:

lkk324 wrote:

Alright peeps.....I went out and bought it. Best buy price matched it for 374.99. Its the cheapest I could find it. If I don't like it its ALL OF YOUR FAULTS;-)

Battery is charging.............

Lisa

Haha. Well done Lisa! Let this be a lesson, never bow to peer pressure LOL

No, I think you'll have lots of fun with it and we're here to help if you start taking really crap photos

Hahahahaha Im sure!!! I will make sure I take some pics of birds

I feel like its going to be confusing with settings and such. The little time I spent with it had me trying to turn the wheel that isn't there. LOL The EVF is horrible....or is it just me? Its blurry? So do you all just use the screen?? Its definitely different from my Rebel! I suppose I will get use to the differences and not get confused HA! We shall see!!

Way to go, Lisa. Now take a deeeeeepp breath and know that you're going to have fun with it. Little by little everything will fall into place. Stay positive. For everything it has, it's a very good tool and sometimes just needs a little patience and understanding (don't we all      ).

As to the EVF, that's what I use about 95% of the time, so despite its limitations, it can do the job. Once you get used to the camera and its capabilities and have your own favorite settings already dialed in, you'll just be using it to compose and monitor. The camera will do the hard part. Even the wheel will become more comfortable for you. I now easily use it to make adjustments without taking my eye away from the EVF. All things in time. Just remember that it's all fun.

Ed

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow