Started Mar 3, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dgcummins
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
Downloading and Sharing
Mar 3, 2013

Having just returned from a trip where I filled up a 32GB and part of a 16GB card I now need to download the pix. I have a USB 3.0 card reader as was suggested to me on this forum. With much simpler cameras of the past, I have just used whatever software came with the computer to download the pictures, usually directly from the camera.

I'm not sure what is the best way to go now that I am taking my photography a bit more seriously, but still in amateur mode. I believe I should use the fast reader which is compatible with my computer, but, which program should I use to download? I have Win Live Photogallery, Photoshop Elements 10, Picasa 3 and who knows what else that came with the computer.

Then, after I do download and maybe PP some, is Flickr the best way to share? I did use the RAW plus Jpeg when taking pictures and I also did a few videos. How/where do I back up the photos? When should I delete them from the card, if ever?

Thanks for any advice,

Diana

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow