Epson R3000 not making me happy

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
sambucadog
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Re: Epson R3000 not making me happy
In reply to jtoolman, Mar 3, 2013

Is that profile for one of the Sig Worthy Papers?

Yes it is

If I may suggest a simple test.

Download this file

http://www.inkjetcarts.us/support/article/color-checking-test-chart-image-31.html

Do NOT edit it in any way

Open it with Windows Picture viewer and print it to common glossy Epson Paper letting the printer control color,

Just chose the paper type and size and quality/ Under the MODE choose Adobe RGB

Print it

Are you saying just to print the test chart or do everything stated on the link you provided.?

Does it have to be glossy? Changing from mat to glossy and back uses a lot of the ink, which seems to be disappearing anyway at an alarming rate.

Now in LR inside the print module on the left side, under printer setup set it up to Paper type, Size, Quality and turn off color management in MODE tab.

On the right side locate and CHECK the box for the profile for the paper you are using. Choose Perceptual intent.

Now before printing, go back to the develop module and click on the S key which will give you a Soft Proofed view of what it will look like when printed with those settings and that ICC profile.

You should be able to see some slight changes but if you are seeing the drastic results you are actually getting when printing than something is just not right.

You should only see some changes such as slightly reduced contrast and saturation but not the drastic change you are currently getting.

Please explain to me what this is going to determine and how I would apply it to my situation, I don't understand. When I soft proofed the test page, there was a lot out of gamut. I have not printed it yet. When I soft proofed the horseshoe crab, all was in gamut. I am not seeing the connection to why my printer is apparently not seeing the ICC profile (or using it) and also why my ink levels are crashing.

Thanks for your patience, I'm not a very techy person!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow