70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 26,120
Like?
Re: 70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?
In reply to WilbaW, Mar 3, 2013

WilbaW wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

What's interesting is your efforts to deny the simple truth about how Canon builds its cameras.

No, I'm not denying it,

Erm, well actually you are.

I'm just pointing out how you operate.

All I do is point out the unvarnished (unpainted) truth when someone posts something that is untrue. Mostly its something they honestly think to be true, but isn't. In this case, it is an impression that Canon marketing has worked quite hard to give. Now people take to the truth in different ways. Some accept it in the face of the evidence, some try hard to deny it - though why, I don't know. I never said it was a bad thing, the way Canon builds its cameras, in fact in the main it's a good thing (though I do think Nikon's internal arrangements are generally tidier and more elegant, I doubt that has much real effect on practice).

But you want to insist that 'maybe its just that magnesium painted black looks like plastic'.

LOL, so saying "maybe..." is insisting. Right.

In this context, yes. The simple inference from seeing something that looks like plastic is that it's plastic (and in this case, that is the correct inference) - so, instead of accepting the simple and correct one, you choose to raise a sophisticated alternative. Pretty unlikely as it happens. Why would Canon paint this metal chassis when they paint neither the metal chassis in the 1D series, nor the insides of their metal skin panels?

-- hide signature --

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow