Is tethered use of the in-camera raw processing possible with x-trans based cameras?

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Questions thread
DrBulb
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Re: Is tethered use of the in-camera raw processing possible with x-trans based cameras?
In reply to AndyGordon, Mar 2, 2013

AndyGordon wrote:

Yes it is..........it does need a few things together to work though.

1. An eye-fi card

2. Computer

Configure the eye-fi card to write to a folder on your computer and configure your favourite photo editing software to read that folder.

I do this with my fuji's and MacBook Pro as well as with my iPad ( needs iPad software - Shuttersnitch to work)

Just tested the iPad set up with raw conversions in camera and the jpeg conversion was uploaded onto the iPad in seconds

cheers

Andy

forgot to add that newer eye-fi cards can create their own wifi network so the iPad or laptop can join that network. All then works 'tethered' via wifi.

also works with an iPhone in exactly the same way for when you are out and about and don't want to carry an iPad but do want a bigger and better screen than the back of the camera

-- hide signature --

Fuji X Pro 1, X-E1, Fuji X100 + Mac and more years with film than I care to remember

It is great to know tethered shooting and processing is possible with the X-E1.

This is something I will for sure give a try. Excellent. Thanks for the advice Andy.

Thanks

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow