high resolution photo slide show to DVD looks like xxxx! Need immediate help please!

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
kelpdiver
Senior MemberPosts: 1,894
Like?
Re: high resolution photo slide show to DVD looks like xxxx! Need immediate help please!
In reply to Carey Brown, Mar 2, 2013

Carey Brown wrote:

3) Use something like Western Digital's WDTV box

I bought a WDTV box and I'm very happy with it. It has a 1TB internal drive and outputs full 1080p HD to an HDMI connector. Disadvantage is that you can't send one to all of your friends and family.

The answer probably does lie here.  No matter software you use, dropping D600 pics to 720x480 resolution and then having the HDTV upscale it back up to 1920x1080 (this upscaling may be what pushes the OP over the edge)- it's going to look like crap.  I have a hard enough time with DVD video, but at least motion covers up a lot of the resolution woes.  No such luck with a still.  You need to find a way to display at full resolution.  Many TVs and DVDs will display jpegs on a USB stick.  Some bluray players will do the same, with either usb or a burned dvd/bluray data disk.

These devices may also support DLNA, so if you share it over the network, the TV could pick it up that way.  Usually these have terrible interfaces, but at least they would display at 1080P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow