ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bellcurve
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Inexpensive Sony P&S
Mar 2, 2013

f/5 1/320 ISO 6400

I know Sony is doing great things at the high end with the RX1 and RX100, but I think they deserve special mention a lot lower down as well.  This is a hand held pic from their WX150 in P mode @ISO6400.  I dunno, maybe I haven't paying enough attention to sub $200 P&S cameras lately, but this strikes me as pretty good performance.  Or maybe it's just an easy shot(?).  It is straight out of the camera.

Auto WB just nailed it.  Every color is exactly right except the yellows are, in reality, just a bit more creamy.  You can pick up the thin dust on top of the wooden figure just in front, and the zipper on the black case in the background is sharp and distinct (on my 21" monitor anyway).  The only light in the room is from this lamp, coming straight down.

Is this par for the course now with inexpensive P&Ss?   I tried this shot with 2 last generation Canons, 500 HS and 100 HS, and they couldn't produce this sharpness, color accuracy or lack of noise at ISO 800.

Comments?

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX150 Sony RX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow