Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,819Gear list
Like?
OK, completely different question....
In reply to Anders W, Mar 2, 2013

Anders W wrote:

JamieTux wrote:

The reason being that they are clearly focussed and detailed and always purple - using my GF2 they are just normal flare.

When digital SLRs first came out you had either green or purple elements like this quite a lot when using non-digital optimised lenses - I think Sigma actually digitally optimised their lenses by adding a coating to their rear element just to cut this kind of thing down.

Yes, but I think what you are talking about in the second paragraph is a partly different phenomenon, i.e., the digital-sensor-reflection effect, where the light is reflected from the sensor to the rear elements of the lens and then back again. See here:

http://thesybersite.com/minolta/sensor-reflection/

Meanwhile, it has become routine procedure to coat lens elements on both sides and I find no reason to think that this particular effect is of much importance with newly designed, native MFT lenses.

You seem to agree that it's at least partially sensor related (Olympus are worse than Panny and the E-M5 seems to be the worst)
How can it be to do with angels of incident when you are using a telecentric 45mm?

Just a question

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow