Are there different versions of 50/1.4?

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Questions thread
jbjones
Regular MemberPosts: 404Gear list
Like?
Re: Are there different versions of 50/1.4?
In reply to Steve Balcombe, Mar 2, 2013

Steve Balcombe wrote:

nadley wrote:

I did an image search on google for "Canon ef 50 1.4" and found a couple of images where the text on the lens differs from the copies that I have owned.

Instead of the "Ultrasonic" text, it has a flower (macro) symbol together with a "0.45m/1.5ft" text similiar to how the 50/1.8 II looks.

Is this for real and has anyone seen such a version?

I haven't seen one in the flesh, but Canon's UK web site shows the 'new' version with the macro symbol and text.

If there exists different versions of this lens, are there any more differences between them?

There are certainly no officially different versions - No MkI/MkII. Silent upgrades do happen, and over the 20 year life of this model there is every chance that Canon have made changes under the hood, but as Lemming51 said, nothing significant.

Interesting, that one also has the gray USM ring instead of the classic gold too.

jbjones's gear list:jbjones's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 2x III Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow