How to do slide show NOT in full scree (i.e. in a window)

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tarifa
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
How to do slide show NOT in full scree (i.e. in a window)
Mar 2, 2013

I have two 30" monitors, and spend 10 hours a day infront of them.

Frequently people come up to me and want impromptu slide shows of one photo shoot or other.

I use lightroom 4 for most stuff (although I much prefer the retouching controls in lightroom 3, but thats another story).  The slideshow feature in lightroom 4 is unusably slow.  I have possibly the fastest laptop available (32GB 1600MHz ram, twin raid SSDs, I7QM etc), and it still takes several minutes "preparation" time before a slide show of say 200 photos starts.  During this time they have wandered off.  In fact, its quicker to export the photos to disk and use windows photo gallery.

Windows live photo gallery is perfect EXCEPT it goes full screen on one monitor, and blanks the other monitor out, so I cant continue working.

This is mad - there must be a way to have an instant slideshow NOT full screen on both monitors, so I can work, while friends, relations and clients can coo over pictures of themselves.

I read that windows media player can do this, but there seems to be no way to get photos into media player - drag and drop does nothing, and my photos are not in "my pictures" directory of windows.

Anyone found a free solution?

tarifa's gear list:tarifa's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow