Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
motion
Contributing MemberPosts: 695
Like?
Improving newborn photos
Mar 2, 2013

I know there are "click once" solutions in the form of $$$ LR presets to be bought, but that really won't help me understand how to do this on my own (and further improve upon it, making my own style). However, some free good ones might be helpful as a starting point which I can further edit upon, but I also have a feeling LR alone isn't enough for this and I need to do some serious editing in PS. Where do I start?

Specifically I think the baby's skin needs work (cloning/healing/spot healing etc. is no problem, but it needs more than that -I'm guessing toning, smoothing, color matching etc. which I don't have much experience with), and probably a magical touch of some sort which makes it "pop". Cropping is likely something that can help a dull shot, and perhaps a nice border/frame for an artistic feel...

Although I have the technical skills in both Photoshop and Lightroom (I know what most of the LR sliders do, how to make masks, layers, non-destructive editing etc. in PS) I don't have enough practical and creative/artistic experience to put it into proper use. I could need some pointers and advice.

Having completed my first newborn shoots I feel the need to do some proper post-processing in order to improve upon them. I shoot RAW and have Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom 3.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow