70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 29,300
Like?
Re: 70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?
In reply to noirdesir, Mar 2, 2013

noirdesir wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

The result was that the D300 was very successful in its early period, and ate the 50D's lunch. Canon's response was the 7D, where they managed very cleverly to get almost all of the marketing kudos of the D300 without the production expense. It had a rocky start due to its AF issues, but once it started motoring, the revenues to Nikon from the D300 must have been very small.

I don't disagree with your analysis but I would assume that the relative merits of the 7D and D300 don't lead to much switching between Canon and Nikon but rather influence the relative upgrade rate within a given system.

I'm not so sure. I think Nikon lost some to Canon when the D300s was such a feeble upgrade. The frame rate and hight pixel density sensor (for its day, on launch it was the highest pixel density APS-C available) was quite a persuasive package. Still, I suspect the 7D did as you suggest generate a lot of sales amongst Canon users.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow