Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nathantw
Contributing MemberPosts: 919
Like?
28-300 seems fine to me
Mar 2, 2013

I've been looking at the discussions about the 28-300 and some people love it but many people dismiss it like the plague even though many of those people have never tried the lens. I thought I'd post an unmodified full size picture taken with my D700 and the 28-300. It's a jpg file and not RAW which would have made it a bit sharper. I usually degrade my pictures somewhat when posting online but this time you get it see it the way it is.

The picture was taken at 170mm at f/6.7. The aperture is a little less than one stop down from f/5.6. I know that you'll probably be able to pick out individual eyelashes using a "better" lens, but overall, I thought it was pretty sharp. The focal point was placed on the center cheerleader on the pom-pom right next to her bent elbow.

So, if you were on the fence with this lens, here's another example for you to help make your decision.

-- hide signature --

--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathantw/
Always have a camera with you and make sure you use it.

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow