Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RSColo
Contributing MemberPosts: 610Gear list
Like?
Had to Share Longs Peak
Mar 2, 2013

I was up in Estes Park, Colorado last week taking photos. It is the one of Longs Peak that I am most fond of. I actually pictured it in my mind before I headed it out to photograph. It is "only" made up of 20 shots stitched together. Normally my panoramas use many more. Sometimes over 400 including HDR. This one did not require HDR at all. And one nice feature of my new Panasonic GH3 is it takes and stores shots so fast I can reframe, tighten down the tripod, and take the next shot as fast as I want. My GH1 was not so fast.  Speed is important when snow is blowing off the mountain and my fingers are freezing.

Anyway, on to the image. Longs Peak is the only fourteener - a mountain higher than 14,000 feet - in Rocky Mountain National Park. It is in fact the furthest North fourteener in the whole Rocky Mountain chain. There are no more even in Canada. The main feature of this East face of Longs Peak is the "diamond". At some point the East part of the peak fell off and created one of the best rock climbing spots in the United States. For me, a non-climber, it just makes for a beautiful mountain. The full sized print is two feet by five feet.

Enjoy.

-- hide signature --

Reid Shay
www.sawatchpub.com

RSColo's gear list:RSColo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow