Nikon - A little venting.

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Beach Bum
Contributing MemberPosts: 969
Like?
Re: when people cry 'wolf' too often
In reply to inasir1971, Mar 2, 2013
Do you actually have any Nikon gear to complain about? Or are you forgoing the whole process of purchasing one and skipping straight to complaining?

I don't own any Nikon cameras whatsoever. But I've done a lot of hands on testing with many, many different cameras. Plus I use this forum, as well as others, as a resource.

In the point and shoot realm, I doubt there are many people who have put their hands on and tested as many cameras as I have, with the exception of review sites, of course. So, I have a pretty good idea of how the different brands compare with regards to small sensor cameras.

And there are truly massive differences in the quality that different manufacturers put out. There are also some brands that produce quality throughout their entire line up and there are those that don't mind putting out a few junk cameras. I'd be more than happy to share my findings in more detail, but suffice it to say I strongly favor the brands that never "take a camera off", so to speak. It speaks volumes about their philosophies.

Most of the people here, especially in this forum, have only tried the very highest end cameras, so they may not have my perspective on the overall brand. Seriously, virtually every manufacturer puts everything they have into their high end, flagship models, but looking at the lower end models is the best way to understand what a brand is all about.

And there are those such as yourself who seem to derive some sort of perverse pleasure in trying to aggravate others.

Not really. I don't write anything that I don't personally believe. I just think a lot of the conventional wisdom is entirely wrong, and I think that my opinion may be of some value to the average consumer, even if I get on the nerves of the regulars.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow