SX50...dog action shots...

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
glenncombs
Senior MemberPosts: 2,053
Like?
Re: SX50...dog action shots...
In reply to dzyg, Mar 2, 2013

dzyg,

Take a look at Neat Image.  (neatimage.com)  This is what I have used for many years.  It's very friendly, and does an excellent job of improving the noise in photos.  You can customize the settings, and see what the impact will be before you process images.  Buy the full version (not trial, or crippled), and you'll be glad you did.  If they still do business like when I purchased my copy, it will only run on the one PC that you install it on, with their key or license.  No big deal, really.  Just put it on your main PC you operate on, mostly.  Or, you could have multiple copies.  (At added cost)

Again, I like it a lot.  It's very friendly, and it will impress.  I routinely use high ISO settings, even on my G1 X, and then use Neat Image, where necessary on some photos.

Also, for general photo adjustments, I like Faststone Image Viewer.  They have gotten very powerful in feature set in their software, in the last few years.  There have been other posts on the forum in the past month or so, about Faststone software.  It's great!

Try higher ISO settings on the camera, and see how that works out.  Dog shots when they're on the move can be tough, with a great many cameras.  It's mostly in the luck of the timing of the shutter click.  I've got a Wire Haired Fox Terrier that is very fast.  Very frustrating, trying to "capture" him.

Glenn

-- hide signature --

Alexander...our wild child
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/GlennCombs/Canon%20S2IS/IMG_2882.jpg
Canon S2, SD880, SD4000, G1 X

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow