Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
billythek
Senior MemberPosts: 3,827
Like?
Re: Ryther Camera and 5D mark111
In reply to Carl Crumley, Mar 2, 2013

Carl Crumley wrote:

trulandphoto wrote:

I agree Abe's is reliable but I always get an upsell call, which I have to respond to, sometimes delaying shipping.

Any thoughts on how to get Abe's to ship a new 6D I paid for over a week ago? After the upsell call in which I declined all the products and warranties, they've stalled my shipping for over a week and won't respond to three email and web inquiries I've made.

Carl (Pittsford, NY)

Abe's is on my list of businesses to avoid, because of the hassle factor.  But they will eventually deliver the products you order.  They are not a fraud outfit.

I prefer Adorama over B&H, because their prices are sometimes a hair lower, and they are just as reliable as B&H, in my experience.  That said, there are other camera stores across the country that often offer even better deals than the NY/NJ stores.  I bought my 24-70II from PC Nation, which had the item in-stock at the time, and had competitive pricing, and gave me free 2-day shipping.

I think the key is to do a little basic research on a store before buying.  Check them out in resellerratings.com, at least.

- Bill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow