Samsung could kill the competition in 2013

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
tkpenalty
Regular MemberPosts: 440
Like?
Re: Samsung could kill the competition in 2013
In reply to tecnoworld, Mar 2, 2013

tecnoworld wrote:

I just read that, along with nx300 availability in march, there could be the presentation of nx1100, nx30 and nx-r. If so, and especially if Samsung addressed the problems with performance and the partial issue of high iso noise (perhaps with a totally new sensor for the nx-r, which imho won't be ff, but just a high quality aps-c), then it could cover all the segments in the mirrorless market and win in them all, thanks to the great lens lineup.

What do you think?

Well, the NX300 generation is the first generation where they finally put a proper investment into their camera division; they wont be able to pull out anymore. I do hope they make a breakthrough, given their recent investment is bigger than the net worth of some companies...

Their task shouldn't be too difficult really, but the real world is a bit hard sometimes. I think the main thing is they need to blast the stigma against it being a consumer brand by releasing the full frame. This full frame mirror-less should provide:

1. capability of a full frame DSLR equivalent, or better -> technically easy if the marketing team doesnt interfere too much
  2. Retaining the samsung control paradigm -> lets face it, the cameras have some of the most well thought out ergonomcis
  3. Size advantage -> to a limited extent, not compromising its ergonomics  
Samsung has an advantage here; they dont have a product to cannibalise, and thus should really fill this segment up before Sony decides to. 
I think their marketing expenditure matters a lot more than the product though, to be honest. When we see products like the EOS-M sell well this indicates that the best camera doesnt always win... 
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow