D5100 Australian Airshow

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,407Gear list
Like?
Re: Sammy
In reply to trumpyman, Mar 2, 2013

trumpyman wrote:

Nice shots to the poster.Sammy if you want to get some good airshow pics the Williamtown airshow near Nerwcastle is on the 31st May to 2nd June.My tip is go out there on the Friday before the weekend when they are all practising.Theres only a couple of hundred people there compared to thousands on the week end.Just pull up on the side of the road next to the airport and your in a good postion to get some good shots.And its free,all the better.Ive got some shots from the last one i went to in my photobucket album to give you an idea of what you can shoot.I use my Sigma 150-500 and did well and was happy with the shots i got.If you want we could meet up an make a day of it.All the best .

Paul

Thanks for the tip. Williamtown might be a good one to go to. I do Wings Over Illawarra every year, but I've only been to Williamtown once. I'll swap details with you by private message.

Still hoping one day I'll see an F-22 flying for myself. I've seen and photographed most of the other planes that would be at Avalon over the years. Only had good luck with the weather once or twice though. I did Avalon in 2007, and was dying to see the F-15s but unfortunately they didn't make it down due to a religious holiday in Indonesia (which was to be their refuel stop).

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow