Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dzyg
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
SX50...dog action shots...
Mar 2, 2013

Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or add to my other (SX50, not "the" camera) so hopefully a new thread is ok. I got out yesterday in nice bright sunny weather and tried a few more dog action shots with the cam. I wasn't real impressed again. I cannot understand why a S3IS can do better in this type of situation than the SX50. I mean the S3 isn't perfect but I do always get some nice shots even on cloudy dreary days.

I had the continuous AF off this time so it was on shoot only, had the tracking on for some and off for others. I don't see that it made much of a difference. I did have the camera on a tripod with the legs together though and stuck in the snow for stability. I think the tripod helped the most but even then my S3 could do better handheld. I have always had my ISO set on 80 on the S3 and that is what I have done for the SX50 but maybe today I will try to up the ISO and see if that helps at all.

Here are a couple shots...not the nice crisp image I am looking for....

and then just for fun....would have made a cute entry into three in a row...

any advice on the above pics? If I increase the ISO how do I get rid of the extra noise without loosing detail. I only have  Paint Shop Pro and if I try to fix the noise it seems as if I am loosing detail too.....

Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow