Purple flare: Causes and remedies

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,898Gear list
Like?
Re: How about purple orbs ?
In reply to Surefoot, Mar 2, 2013

Surefoot wrote:

I see you reproduced some purple tinted flare, but my main problem is totally saturated purple orbs like these ones:

(this is a very tight crop of a much larger picture, the sun is in the frame, not outside)

i have more examples, with orbs that are 100% purple (not transparent), with hard edges.

I also have a GF1 on which this never happens at all. I get flare of course, but not orbs.

Are you saying that you can get the same kind of flare on the GF1 except that in this case, there would be little or no purple? If so, I would guess that the purpleness in this case too is due to the phenomena I have tried to describe. If I am right, the reason why some of the orbs are purple and some not would be that the angle of incidence of the light that produces the orbs on the sensor varies depending on which orb we are talking about.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow