Purple flare: Causes and remedies

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,055Gear list
Like?
Re: Purple flare: Causes and remedies
In reply to Timur Born, Mar 2, 2013

Timur Born wrote:

Could you please try running your images through CaptureOne, especially the ones with purple flare? I don't expect a difference, but know of a case (clipped and blooming highlights on one sensor half of the X10) where LR's processing creates purple out of white/gray, JPGs keep a slight purple hue and CO keeps it all nicely neutral. So just for the sake of it...

I don't have Capture One but I can see to it that you get the RAW if you want to try it yourself.

On the other hand, I have already checked, by means of RawDigger, what the flare looks like in terms of RAW-level response in my test shots. In addition, the purpleness in the first shot of the OP is obvious from the OOC jpeg as is the relative lack of purple in the OOC jpeg of the second shot. The OOC jpeg of the third shot is for obvious reasons less informative.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow