Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Austin101
Senior MemberPosts: 1,410
Like?
X100s arrived
Mar 2, 2013

So my X100s arrived this morning, I took a few test shots around the house and in the garden, testing out the iso and focusing performance.

Humm I sold my X100 a few months ago and had used it for a while with the latest firmware, at this point I can't say for sure but there doesn't really seem to be that much of an improvement in AF speed, feels about the same as my 18mm on the X-E1, that said I have only tested in indoors in mixed light and outside where at the moment its pretty hazy.

For shooting SP I used the pull single shutter press on both the X-E1 and X100 so AF performance wasn't ever that much of an issue for me.

I pulled a few of the raw files in to LR 4.4RC and so far have been impressed with the image quality and iso performance, I shot a couple of frames outside at f5.6 and with only the LR default sharpening things look crazy sharp almost to the edges, f2 is also very sharp.

I used the X100 and X-E1 to shoot street and my main problem with the X100 was it's low exposure latitude, if you nail the exposure the image quality IMO in very close to the X-E1/X-Pro1.

I'll post some shots later once I've given the X100s a good run

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow