Is tethered use of the in-camera raw processing possible with x-trans based cameras?

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Questions thread
francesco from rome
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
Re: Is tethered use of the in-camera raw processing possible with x-trans based cameras?
In reply to Trevor G, Mar 2, 2013

Trevor G wrote:

francesco from rome wrote:

I have at lastunderstood that in-camera raw processing means something very different from what I was thinking. I naively thought that it simply referred to jpg conversion on-the-fly; but it is much better than that: you really can process the raw file from the camera itself. Great!

Now my question is trivial: is it possible to do this while seeing the output on a larger monitor than the camera display, for example by tethering the camera to the pc? I understand (from the review of the x-e1 ) that there is no real time preview, but I guess that as good as the display can be, a large monitor should be better to appreciate the details.

You just use an 8GB wi-fi card - it will download in real time as soon as you have a new image, and you can easily view it at whatever size you want on a linked PC. I use EZShare

But you should give RFC/Silkypix a try - it's quite easy to learn and use.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am accustomed to LR workflow, in particular for printing (for me there is a real difference between paper and monitor, I appreciate much more a physical print than even the best monitor, too much distracting!). But as soon as I get the x100s ( hope it is real soon!) I will surely try Silkypix, at least to make an informed decision.

Francesco

francesco from rome's gear list:francesco from rome's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow