70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 31,425
Like?
Re: 70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?
In reply to Wyville, Mar 2, 2013

Wyville wrote:

Ramesh wrote:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/41876365

according to most reviews 7D construction is rugged and made of Magnesium alloy.

I have no idea why Bob needs to pretend otherwise, everybody knows the 7D is magnesium alloy. I'm beginning to suspect there might be ulterior motives at play.

I just tell the truth. It's up to you if you want to fib to yourself because your self esteem depends on your camera having a metal chassis.

The chassis of the 7D is plastic. Canon never says otherwise and they never show anything but the magnesium shell. 5DIII for instance is clearly plastic inside, see this image of a broken one:

See the plastic inside (looks very like the construction of the D7100 in fact). And here is a still from this video of the innards of the 7D

See the plastic chassis, see also that the lens mount is still attached even though the magnesium skin has been removed - the skin is just that, a skin - not structural.

Sorry it is simply a fact that all Canons apart from the 1D series have plastic chassis.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow