Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RustierOne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,508Gear list
Like?
Importing Photoshop Elements/Album 2.0 Catalog into iPhoto - Some Success
Mar 2, 2013

Having inquired of this forum about importing my PS Elements/Album 2.0 catalog into iPhoto, i learned that for a program that old (2002), such an import would require installing later versions of these programs. Not willing to do that, I tried the old trusty "Brute Strength and Ignorance" method. Here's how I accomplished a PSE 2.0 catalog import of sorts from my XP Windows machine into iPhoto on my MacBook Pro, Retina (256GB, 2.3 GHz, 16GB):

• First in Windows I created a directory structure that mimicked the layout of categories, sub-categories and tags in my PS Album catalog
  • Then selecting photos in each category (or sub category or tag), I moved these photos to the appropriate location in my directory layout. This was necessary since PS Album has a bad habit of storing photos in locations based on how they were imported - not by it's associated category or tag.
  • Then using a flash drive, I imported each subdirectory of photos into iPhoto, attaching a keyword given by the Windows subdirectory name I had assigned. That way each group of photos in iPhoto now has a keyword attached similar to the tag that had been present in PS Album.
-- hide signature --

Best Regards,
Russ

RustierOne's gear list:RustierOne's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow