aus4ever wrote:

Morris Sullivan wrote:

Mentor_1 wrote:

Morris Sullivan wrote:

Mentor_1 wrote:

Morris Sullivan wrote:

Mentor_1 wrote:

Who's foolin' who

"the gun advocates themselves passed a law through Congress almost 20 years ago forbidding the use of federal research dollars to study gun safety. It's audacious for the people who have done everything in their power to suppress the evidence now to complain about the poor quality of the evidence as exists. Their determination to suppress the evidence is itself the strongest clue as to which way the evidence points."

"The number killed in gun accidents is 20% higher than the total number killed in all U.S. civil aviation accidents."

There are about 357,000 aircraft in the U.S. and about 300,000,000 guns.

So if we're going to compare the two (as you did) aircraft are about 672 times more likely to kill than guns.

A middle school dropout I see.

If I'm wrong, please correct my math.

Your comment has nothing to do with the gist of the post

Weak response, I expected better.

Would you mind to ask the FAA to ban all flights for just one day and see what happen?

We did that in 2001.

It was very, very quiet.

I live near three general aviation facilities and there are four major Commercial airports within thirty miles, there is ALWAYS something in my sky.

I know what you mean.  It was a fateful day.
I had a similar experience.  When Kai Tak airport was shut down and replaced by CLK, all of a sudden it was so quiet and peaceful.  Some people in Kowloon City joked that they couldn't sleep without aircraft noise.

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.
Freedom without discipline is chaos.

aus4ever's gear list:aus4ever's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow