Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sambucadog
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Epson R3000 not making me happy
Mar 2, 2013

I purchased the R3000 several months ago and ran about 8 or 9 prints (8x10) just to sample various papers with the same image, no problems there except I noticed the ink tanks were showing a distinct dip. Didn't think much of it. I just went to use the printer again after about 2 months (doing house renovation) and it immediately started giving me problems.

First it would not fully feed in the front tray. I called Epson, after 20 minutes on hold, and close to an hour with a technician, we got the thing to feed (had to open it up and visually guide it) but then when I went to print it kept saying I had the wrong media type loaded. All settings were checked with him, tried printing in Lightroom, Photoshop and Windows with no luck. Then he told me to reboot the router, and while I was doing that, he hung up or I got disconnected. Tried calling back immediately but got a recording saying that they were closed. Thanks Epson.

So I went ahead and made a print even though it said the settings were wrong. Print came out horrid, colors all off to the point the print looked almost like a sepia tone. (Just calibrated monitor with Colormunki too). Then to top it all off, I notice my ink tank readings...all tanks were emptying at an alarming rate...some almost 1/2 empty after 10 prints!!!

What is going on here?!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow