mstecker
Contributing MemberPosts: 563
Like?
Re: Windows and video streaming
In reply to rio911, Mar 2, 2013

rio911 wrote:

mstecker wrote:

rio911 wrote:

Your link points directly to the file, it is not streaming, it is downloading.

(Win7 Home and firefox)

rio

Yes, that is how it works in Windows/Firefox. There is a long delay until it is completely downloaded and then plays. However, when I use the same file online with a Mac it starts immediately. Why is there a difference in how the computers display the slide show -- immediate (Mac) versus delayed (Windows)?

-- hide signature --

Nooo, the difference is not Win vs Mac. My guess is, it is your QuickTime file. Under Windows QuickTime is a huge nuisance and I doubt anyone uses it. On the other hand, your Mac supports it, probably because you installed it.

rio

I made the QuickTime slide show primarily for Mac and Ipad users and not me. Just about everyone I know with a Mac has no trouble with the files.  For some reason QuickTime does not work nearly as well with Windows as with a Mac.  On my Mac, I did not install QuickTime (probably why it works so well, LOL) as it was already on the computer (OSX-Mountain Lion) when I bought it.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow