External display

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Questions thread
Eric Carlson
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,404Gear list
Like?
Re: Sure they do...
In reply to Jim Cockfield, Mar 2, 2013

Jim Cockfield wrote:

But, chances are, a desktop display (versus a display used for TV) is not going to support Audio over an HDMI connection anyway (you'd just use separate audio cables to the jacks on it from your computer if buying a monitor with speakers built in).

To add to what you said earlier in your post (and my earlier post), my Acer netbook supports audio via the HDMI output, and so does my android phone.

Also, my inexpensive 27" Auria EQ276W 2560x1440 monitor supports audio via HDMI (I don't plan to use the speakers in the monitor, but I did test them via HDMI). I've also seen computer monitors that support HDMI but that don't have speakers have an audio out jack for connecting powered speakers for use via the HDMI audio.

But, as I said earlier, you can always use the audio out on your computer to connect speakers, instead of using HDMI.

Eric Carlson's gear list:Eric Carlson's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ7 Canon EOS 500D Motorola Triumph +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow