Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 32,773Gear list
Like?
Sigma dp3m short impressions
Mar 2, 2013

To my incredible surprise a friend of mine, that we have been both chiding each other about who will get a sigma dp Merrill first called me for a coffee and showed me the impossible- A sigma dp3m right in front of me.  He revealed his secret- he just ordered it last Tuesday from Sigma ditectly and got it yesterday.

So a couple of impression from playing with it a scant ten minutes:

- lens seems sharp & good with nice bokeh

- manual focus ring feels real nice.  Wasnt expecting that.  Has enough resistance to feel "class" but not too much. I find it very nice.

- close up/macro distance is nice.  Not super super macro but its nice.

- overall buttons feel "sturdy enough" that they don't feel bad but decent

- image quality - didnt shoot much but seems obviously good with color reproduction akin to what I remember my dp2. (Iso 100). Did not see any weird color artifacts that were obvious to me in the shots I tried. Makes me wonder for aps plot secoi luff Signa had a chance to improve the low level pipeline for it or even the sensor tolerances (hard to tell with not so many shots).

- iso 1600 color (dayligh and shade ) looks O-K

- iso 3200 makes a leap to not much good at all.  Could still use b&w

- iso 6400 in color was pretty horrible and b&w was bad (less horrible but still bad)

All conditions  in good daylight with a mix of light and shade.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow