Re: Turn off print preview
In reply to Petruska, Mar 2, 2013

Petruska wrote:

AusPic wrote:

Petruska wrote:

AusPic wrote:

Petruska wrote:

Hclarkx wrote:

I've been looking for a solution to this problem for over two years; since the day I got the Canon Pro9500II printer. I've documented my workflow and choice of profiles and settings, etc. I've read probably 30 forum threads like this one and tried all of the solutions to no avail. I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8 (both 64 bit) to no avail. Then I got smart and tried printing from my laptop and the horrid magenta cast was not there. I printed a dozen 8x10's and all are excellent. These are images I prepared on my desk computer and moved to the laptop via export to a LR4 catalog. Both screens are calibrated and while the laptop is sub-sRGB while the desk monitor is 95% of AdobeRGB, both show no magenta cast. The Canon driver preview on the desk computer shows the magenta cast while the preview on the same driver on the laptop does not. I've compared my LR4 and PS CS6 settings on both machines and they are the same. I've generated my own printer/paper profiles and using them on the desk computer gives me the magenta cast. Using them on the laptop does not.

I'm convinced there is a problem with Windows or a windows setting that is behind this, at least for those that have worked through all of the intricacies of work flow and printing with no solution. My desk computer was running Win 7 64 and was updated to Win 8 64 (didn't help). The Laptop has a fresh install of Windows 8 64. The only difference is the fresh install. That and the fact that I get good prints from the laptop but not the desk computer suggests there is an issue with the Windows installation on the desk computer. I've checked all the Windows settings I can find to no avail. My next step is a fresh install of Windows 8 on the Desk computer, or at least a trial install on a spare hard drive.

in the printer driver.

It's a known problem for the magenta cast for some Win 7 users, including me. Just make sure you reboot the computer after turning off print preview and see if that helps eliminate the magenta color cast.

Bob P.

Bob what is the path to the printer drive? I did a search under the printer, then as an open search. Only place I can find print preview is in the print screen?

Thanks,

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Andrew G

In Windows...

Start, select Device and Printers on the right side, right click your PRO9000, click on Printing Preferences....

The uncheck the Preview Before Printing box in the upper right of the Qucik Setup screen....

Bob P.

When I go there what comes up is the 'NORMAL' Print Preferences' screen. There is no Quick Setup option, there is a Print Preview check box mid page on the Main page. I always leave that unchecked. I am thinking that perhaps the 9000 I have is configured differently from the version sold in the USA perhaps? other possibility is I'm just missing it....!?

However, I was delving for interest sake alone, thankfully the copy I have is working BRILLIANTLY. Bought it second hand, hooked it up and hit print on the first image that came to hand.

I suspect a lot of folks still falling into the trap of double profiling. It is just TOO easy to do with the 9000 as the path to actually disabling the printer colour management is NOT intuitive. I use both PC and Mac, since Adobe had a disagreement with Mac a couple of years ago PS on Mac is not plain sailing. In addition Mac mollycoddle users, preferring a 'consumer dummy' strategy I find, whereas one can more easily get behind the scenes with PC and tinker to get at workaround strategies..(just my experience- not wanting to start a WAR)

Initially what I was disabling is NOT the printer colour management at all!!

Cheers,

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Andrew G

Here's my screen.....

Hi Bob,

Thanks for going to the trouble to do that for me, really appreciated.

The screen on my PC setup is NOTHING like that at all. I go from main to the right! there is no Quick setup tab at all, even the format and layout is different. Are you on PC or Mac.

I do have the Preview before printing check box on the 'Main' tab, and I have never used it because Lightroom gives me a preview so I adjust anything there for layout and to be honest I find soft proofing to be a bit so so, I am using a Laser print paper that is giving me really good proofs at around $0.08 cents a print. double siding makes it cheaper still and at 200gsm it is good at masking everything I have done with is so far.

Cheers,

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Andrew G

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow