New Olympus OM-D E-M5 and First Panorama Nitgh Photos + some advice

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dave729
Forum MemberPosts: 72Gear list
Like?
Re: First I would say......
In reply to tedolf, Mar 2, 2013

that you have somewhat handicapped yourself by starting off photography with a high performance, complex camera which makes learning photography more difficult.

But, you have what you have so let's work with that.

I would beg to differ.  A camera with multiple exposure modes and full manual control, such as the E-M5, provides a great platform for complete learning.  Used in iAuto or P mode, it allows the photographer to concentrate on composition without worrying about technical details.  In A and S modes, it allows learning and experimenting with the impact of shutter speed and f-stop on the image.  And in full manual mode, it provides for experimentation and learning with variations in both.

I can only imagine the photos I would have today if I had an E-M5 when I was learning decades ago.

Dave

Dave729's gear list:Dave729's gear list
Pentax Optio 43WR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow