Disappointed with my 24-70 II.

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
DFPanno
DFPanno OP
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,166
Like?
I am not sure of the relevance of your question.
In reply to meland, Mar 1, 2013

meland wrote:

DFPanno wrote:

Acquired my new lens on Thursday.

I have been shooting it back to back with my 24-105 (purchased in Feb. of 2012) and I just don't see a real difference.

Perhaps slightly sharper and slightly better contrast but nothing that would put a big smile on your face. Nothing that changes my overall impression or enjoyment of the image.

Perhaps I have a bad copy of the 24-70 or an exceptionally good copy of the 24-105 (or some combination therein).

I will go out again but I know that I have already decided to return it.

A nice lens but the extra stop is not worth the loss of range and IS (not to mention $2,300 when a good filter is included).

Disappointed as I was really looking forward to using it and enjoying an appreciable jump in IQ.

PS - All images viewed on a calibrated Eizo ColorEdge.

May I ask do you have any lenses that do give you the results you were expecting with your 24-70/2.8 II ?

I was expecting the IQ of the 24-70 to be demonstrably better than that of my 24-105. The copy I have does not provide that result.  It is a comparable image.

The relative IQ as afforded by other lenses does not really figure into the equation (to my way of thinking).

I could say though that the IQ is not on par with the 70-200 2.8 or the 50 1.2 but I did not buy the 24-70 to displace those lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow