shame on you Nikon

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,416Gear list
Like?
NO THANKS
In reply to VIJAYRAGHAVAN, Mar 1, 2013

VIJAYRAGHAVAN wrote:

I agree..., and that's great! THOSE WHO WANT may download and use it. That way the menus are not clogged with features that a photographer may not prefer to have. Once upon a time, as you know, one needed to acquire the art and skill of photography...., but today, it is necessary to painstakingly learn the skills to use the menus, buttons and other technicalities of the camera...et al! LOL!

I want to buy my camera just once and have all the features. I don't want to be nickel and dimed to death. I don't want to think about the family finances every time I want to try something new with my camera. I already have to make those decisions with accessories. It's a lot easier to budget for/convince the spouse/justify a single purchase every 2 years than a slightly smaller initial outlay and an endless stream of micro-payments.  Go down this route and you'll decimate the enthusiast market with a continued migration to

Want simplified menu? We already have it. It's called My Menu.

It amazes me that consumers enthusiastically embrace things that are designed to wring money out of them with no benefit to them whatsoever.

I see every software locked feature as a missed opportunity, and I don't understand how camera companies can want to go down that path. You'd have more success wringing $1 extra out of every customer to add a feature, than convincing each customer of spending $10 on an app with a success rate of 10%.

Want to innovate? Do so by offering the most attractive overall package and actually pay customer service and QC more than just lip service.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ManyNew
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow