Amazon D600 replacement horror story

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
PhotosByBlueRidge
Regular MemberPosts: 193Gear list
Like?
Re: How is this a horror story?
In reply to jjoyce, Mar 1, 2013

similar thing happened to me during the sale around Christmas.. I ordered a d600 with the kit lens.. got it next day and opened it to find the camera just sitting in the box (not wrapped) and the manual plastic was open.. i charged the battery and turned it on to find the clock was set already and it was in another language.. called nikon and the guy walked me through setting it back to english and testing shutter actuations.. found out it had over 500 shots already taken.. called amazon.. they apologized.. send me another one and picked this one up no charge of course.. i immediately tested the new one and it was new with no shutter actuations *phew*

the weird thing was the camera was set to UK time and language was chinese.. im pretty sure amazon warehouses don't always check to see if a return is new or used.. especially if the original purchaser isn't honest.. say he calls and says i just got this and didnt open it i want a refund.. they get it back.. they SHOULD check it but since nikon doesnt tape the box shut.. i bet it was just put a back on a shelf.. either way im glad i got a new one now

-- hide signature --

BlueRidge

PhotosByBlueRidge's gear list:PhotosByBlueRidge's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Nikon D600
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow