Purple flare: Causes and remedies

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,543Gear list
Like?
Re: Purple flare: Causes and remedies
In reply to secretworld, Mar 1, 2013

secretworld wrote:

OMG this is killing me. I want to know and I don't even own a Oly (I do own the 7-14). Is the third a variable neutral density filter?

No. Someone already suggested that. I have already revealed that both image two and three use filters. In the case of image two, it is a polarizer as already guessed by several people (first by Macx), more specificially a linear one.

But what filter was used for image three? Noone has come close to the right answer to that question yet.

And that filter and its effect is actually of greater interest (I think) for the purpose of understanding what causes the purpleness in the first place. The effect of the polarizer primarily tells us that the flare as such is due to reflections somewhere, and we kind of knew that from the outset.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow