HS50exr is it a flop?????

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ralph McKenzie
Senior MemberPosts: 1,702Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50exr is it a flop?????
In reply to daveensor, Mar 1, 2013

Thanks for posting these. I'm watching the progress of this camera intently, as hopefully it will be my HS20 replacement.

Those shots under poorish light in the manner you describe would appear to have some good potential.

The EVF on this and every other camera I own  only has limited use as graduated bi-focals don't work well with the EVF, or optical VF on my SLR's for that matter.

What distance were you from the birds ?

As to people asking if a camera is a flop before its in the stores is a little daft. As to reviews, I'm sure there will be some, but the better reviewers will already have a backlog of cameras to review, so I don't expect to see a good one for a few months yet.

Bear in mind that for a good deal of the rest of the world, we are unlikely to see any units in stock till very late March or April. The mainstream retailers here haven't even advertised for pre-order yet so it will be a while before we see some in store.

A footnote for Argos buyers too -- the OP didn't mention this , but if you Buy from Argos you don't get a 30 day right of return if you don't like the camera. So if you don't like the camera you're stuck with it.

Under the heading Additional Information

As to the other sources as described above, they don't have stock, and in one case they wont be delivering anything before March 13th, so apparently apart from Argos, no one else has stock. Certainly sounds like they did a bulk buy deal with Fuji, but as its not covered for Money Back, I wouldn't touch one.

-- hide signature --

Love dat Fuji
http://akiwiretrospective.wordpress.com/
Fuji HS20EXR
Fuji HS10,
Pentax K1000, Pentax sf7, Pentax zx-50

Ralph McKenzie's gear list:Ralph McKenzie's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow