Purple flare: Causes and remedies

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 15,477Gear list
Like?
Re: Purple flare: Causes and remedies
In reply to Timur Born, Mar 1, 2013

Timur Born wrote:

Didn't you write that you also kept ISO unchanged? This is why I asked for tone-curves (to apply digital gain for lower analog exposure/gain). Something along the lines of clipping the red/blue channels less?

Yes, I kept ISO unchanged along with f-stop and shutter speed. And as I have already revealed (see my post just prior to this one), I used a light-reducing filter not only for image two but also image three. So I adjusted the exposure slider in PP (LR 4) to keep all three shots at the same brightness. So more gain, but no change of tone curve.

When you get very close to zero signal, you might get color shifts due to the read noise (but not the signal) being clipped by the black-level offset. But no, there is no problem with that here. We are not that far down.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow