cleaning of Epson 3880 maintenance tank

Started Feb 22, 2013 | Questions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,330
Like?
Re: cleaning of Epson 3880 maintenance tank
In reply to Ursula Freer, Mar 1, 2013

Ursula Freer wrote:

I also thought that it was only the seen printing that used ink thus a very efficient way of keeping the nozzles clear in dry weather, however, Epson Aust, printmaker, and my regular salesperson ( who started the ball rolling on this subject) say that on the 3880 it does a routine that uses and redirects ink, and a lot of it, to the waste?? 'cos I cant actually see that happen via a clear waste jar I am at their mercy, I had difficulty accepting that hence asking a few different folks???

What I will say tho is since I quit doing the checks and started printing a lot more the waste tank usage % NUMBER value has been stastic now for four weeks.

-- hide signature --

Andrew G

I made up an image in Photoshop similar to the the nozzle check and may use that instead of the nozzle check to save ink and also avoid the switch to photo black each time ( I use matte black to print).

-- hide signature --

You can't do that!!!!!

The little lines on the nozzle check print represent a little squirt of ink for each individual nozzles as each are made to fire in sequence by the Printer's FirmWare.

No image you could make would even cause each of the nozzle to individually fire as they do in the real nozzle check.

You would simply be printing and image of a nozzle check and not a real nozzle check. So sorry, your idea is not correct.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow