Like?
Re: The starting block
In reply to lownine, Mar 1, 2013

lownine wrote:

Collett wrote:

Chato wrote:

Collett wrote:

Collett wrote:

We had a good turnout last month, going well into a second thread. That's good to see, and thanks to all that participated!

Lets see what you have for this month.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Taken yesterday late in the afternoon.

-- hide signature --

Jim

These would have been great shots, if you had managed to get rid of the background.

The kid with the cart is distracting. I like the angle and part of the track with the curves, and the stadium in the background, but just not a perfect set up and angle given the kid/cart. Well the good thing is there are mmore meets and I can try this type of shot again

Not as sharp as I would like either. Its damn hard getting good fast moving sports shots at F2 or even F2.8 with the face in focus. While my focus seems good, there is just not enough DOF.

Absolutely. And we're talking inches here. That's why it's probably better to not get them too big in the frame. You might fiddle with the menu option that lets you control how the autofocus responds to tracking. There are a lot of choices, but you might find one that holds the face even when that hand pops up.

Yup. This was my first outing shooting sports with my new toy - the 5dIII. Still trying to figure out the AF system. These were shot, I believe, with case 3 if you are familar with the 5dIII AF menu.

And I like the shallow DOF for the pop and background. Decided I am going to try F4-5.6 next time.

Even so, they capture the moment.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

-- hide signature --

Jim

-- hide signature --

Jim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow