Macx wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Macx wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Macx wrote:

Well, I suppose it isn't a lens hood.

No.

Pol-filter perhaps?

Yes, in one case. Which? And for what reason can a polarizer remove lens flare and/or its purpleness?

2nd one? Well, the flare is a reflection and as such polarised light? *guessing*

It's image two of three, yes. And yes, you are on the right track. Could you develop your thought a bit and what kind of polarizer is required in this case?

Well, since it's reflections from light that's already passed through the filter, a simple filter like the ones in polaroid sunglasses could work? A circular polarizer would probably be less effective.

Right again (I think). I used a linear polarizer. A circular probably wouldn't work in this case (though truth be told, I didn't even try so I will).

We all know that reflected light is polarized. What that means is that only light polarized in a certain way will be reflected in the first place. The idea here is to turn the polarizer so that it lets through only light polarized in such a way that the troublesome reflections later in the optical path do not occur.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow