Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,404Gear list
Like?
Re: Nah, don't think so...
In reply to x-vision, Mar 1, 2013

x-vision wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

Well, at the expense of dredging up history, you were dead wrong about APS-H going broader and I think you're equally wrong about this.

I don't remember saying anything about APS-H.

But I was indeed dead wrong nine months ago, when I thought that the 70D would be a dumbed down version of 7D for $1300-1400 - and that the 7DII would be FF.

Ahh, thanks for the memory jog.  Was probably confusing your comments with a couple of other posters who were convinced (and probably still are) that APS-H will rule the world.  My apologies.  I think where we exchanged some opinions related exactly to what you mentioned here -- particularly the FF comment.  I was (and still am) convinced that FF and APS-C will be separate and distinct product lines for the foreseeable future.

The 70D will go further down in the lineup, IMO, and will be priced and spec'd competitively with Nikon's D5200 - not with the D7100. It will most likely be slotted between the two, actually.

Yeah, this is where we probably disagree somewhat this time around.  I think they will follow the same pattern they have with the Rebel and xxD series in the past and bring out new sensor technology in the lower end product line first, then embellish it with a much more robust feature set in the 7DMk2.  I'm pretty sure that the 70D will be repositioned where the 60D should have been and effectively unleveled to a real enthusiast's camera.

Time will tell.  We can compare notes in a few months when [hopefully] this all plays out.

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow