Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phoman
Contributing MemberPosts: 874
Like?
Primes lens addiction....
Mar 1, 2013

Is it just me?? Seriously about a year and a half ago I sold all my Nikon pro zoom lenses like 14-24, 24-70, 70-200 VR ii and went 100% primes that is 24mm, 35mm, ( I already had 50mm 1.4 but don't use much at all) 85mm ( I had already 105vr don't use it much ) bought 135mm ( good lens )then sold it two months later and got me 200mm VR ii instead. Well there's something about primes that once u shoot with them u don't wanna go back to zooms. I mean I am just hooked on shooting almost like 90% of the time at 1.4 and just obsessed with such amazing bokeh and with 200mm at f2 it looks even better! Just love the way how primes isolate my subject from busy backgrounds, and all images they creat looks like 3d u wanna just touch it's like u in that picture too! So shooting even at f2.8 already sorta downgrade for me though on 70-200 shooting at 200mm at f2.8 gets to be satisfactory still no where near as good as 200mm at f2. Anyways I discovered a new beautiful world when shooting with primes and wish I new that much earlier in days of learning photography. Just wanted to share, happy March!!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow