MX-1 DxOMark Test Up

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
jimr
Forum ProPosts: 11,090
Like?
Ignored A Basic Fact....
In reply to Greynerd, Mar 1, 2013

You somehow totally ignored the basic and crucial fact that when I said be patient before coming to IQ conclusions about the X 20 the only samples available were from preproduction X 20s with preproduction firmware, while the MX -1 comments came from totally full production Pentax MX -1's with full production level firmware.

Greynerd wrote:

If you look carefully at jimr's posts the Fuji X20 seems to be the real object of his dreams. The RX100 is just an easy stick to talk down cameras with the big sensor must be better line. He is busy playing off many cameras against each other in other forums but is a bit less subtle with the attacks on the MX-1, however he defends the X20 vigorously saying people must be patient etc.. He has also just cut and pasted a great mass of data for an award for the Xtrans sensor.

If you noticed after being corrected about proper etiquette. that I apologized immediately for posting a large portion of the article rather than posting a link. Follow the full posting to give a true picture of what happened rather than take things out of context.

Did you happen to notice that it DXoMark made the comparison of the MX -1 to the RX-100. Then a selected portion of the DXoMark conclusion was posted. Selected. I posted the rest of the conclusion written in the same evaluation/test by DXoMark that somehow that was 'forgotten'  and skipped in the OP.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow