menu in dimage A2

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Questions thread
Barrie Davis
Forum ProPosts: 21,459
Like?
Re: menu in dimage A2
In reply to Jim N'AZ, Mar 1, 2013

Jim N'AZ wrote:

Walter, Do you mean this menu will not move via the four-way controller?

The only thing I can think is that the four-way controller is stuck/jammed in some way. Have you tried manipulating the four arrows rapidly and/or eyeballing the four arrows to see if one or more is depressed more than the others?

If the 4-way is not functioning correctly, I'm pretty sure there would be other symptoms... the fault would not be confined to menu navigation only, I am thinking...[??] The extent of the problem is something that can be tested with the camera in other modes.

Suggestion......

Maybe the camera firmware has become confused, and is not following instructions correctly...[??] This does happen sometimes. A camera reset, followed by a cold boot procedure, will usually fix this.

Cold Boot: Following reset, take the battery out and leave it out for 30-40 minutes, then replace and switch on. (Good Luck!)

Otherwise, all I can suggest is to exercise the 4-way with repeated pressings, say, by 'grinding' your thumb round in a circular motion. If the problem is caused by switches that are not giving positive connection, using them repeatedly will tend to clean them.

If I have not been using them, I take my A2 cameras out every week or so and give their switches and systems a little gentle exercise. I think it helps.

But if the switches are worn out, well, that is a bigger problem....This camera is now considered a very old model, and the manufacturer is not even in the camera business anymore.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Baz
"Ahh... But the thing is, these guys were no ORDINARY time travellers!"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow