Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Texchappy
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
Thinking about jumping back into m4/3
Mar 1, 2013

Looking to drop weight in a camera coming from a DLSR I bought an OM-D EM-5 shortly after it came out.  I had terrible luck with it which in retrospect was most likely a defective 12-50.  Only about 20-30% of my shots were in focus.  I only had 7 days to return it and the store was so much less than helpful I got it back to them on the 7th day.

I bought a Fuji X Pro 1 and I love it.  However, it has two drawbacks - too slow AF for action and no native long lenses.  I would like to shoot wildlife (birds and some larger beasties when I get to go back to Yellowstone).  I also will probably need to shoot sports as my boys get older.

I liked the feel of the OM-D for the short time I had it.  I also like the 'specs' I see on the new GH3 (and it does video exceptionally well which is another place the Fuji falls short).

So at long last the question: am I crazy to think the OM-D or GH3 will serve my needs in those two areas or would I be better served to return to a DSLR for the sports and wildlife missions?

TIA, Tony

Texchappy's gear list:Texchappy's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 650D Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hey,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow