Blending signature wines...and the P7700

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
andrbar
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,018Gear list
Like?
Re: Y'all have to keep in mind.....
In reply to Ben Herrmann, Mar 1, 2013

Very nice pictures, Ben, as usual. I appreciate very much the comments. That's very interesting, even if, while being french, I'm not a "drinker".

About raw vs jpeg, it's an endless debate. I don't own a P7700, and I don't know about the Nikon in camera converter. But I can say that without a doubt, the P7100 is way better when you shoot raw.

I've always used raw, all my cameras being raw capable (since my 1st digital, which was a Minolta A2!).

Before the P7100, I had a Canon G11, which was excellent, with much better jpegs than the P7100. But as soon as you use raw, you see what the P7100 is capable of: it is (slightly) better than the G11, thanks to its great lens.

What I don't understand is why advanced photographers don't use raw: if you batch process a whole bunch of raw files, you have your jpegs, and can stop there if you want. But you still have the raw file to play with if needed.

-- hide signature --
 andrbar's gear list:andrbar's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow