Free Riders in Challenge Voting: My Top Ten!

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
RuthC
Regular MemberPosts: 393
Like?
Re: Free Riders in Challenge Voting: My Top Ten!
In reply to Molarjung, Mar 1, 2013

Molarjung wrote:

Dear RuthC,

OKAY, I'm serious now. What made me jump and respond as I did was the fact that the list of the "Top 10 Free Riders" (as you called them) was announced in the forum as a public accusation, as if a crime has been committed, hinting that these top ten (and possibly many others) should somehow be sanctioned.

I think there are many other ways of raising Your valid point about the Obligation or the Right to vote or not to vote. Don't You think so?

Best Regards, Moshe Ravid.

-- hide signature --

Moshe Ravid

Hi Molarjung,

First if you re-read my original thread, I make an OBSERVATION about a number of entrants. I make NO accusations.

Second, please tell me HOW I can get the message across to you, and every other challenge entrant, to participate in the voting process. Sandbagging and vote manipulation is a very real problem, I believe, for every (caring) host, yet DPR doesn't give us any tools to deal with it, so we have to rely on honest members to increase the voting numbers, to counteract these unethical votes.

Yes, I know, I know, voting isn't compulsory, as has been pointed out to me countless times; but what else can be done? You tell me!

Ruth

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow